A flavorful simple to make sandwich I’ve been making lately is this roasted carrot sandwich. Packed with vitamin A, K and B6 this easy cafe style dish can be on your plate in about twenty five minutes. The best part is that it comes with half the cafe cost. In addition I make a homemade hummus spread that I hope you will enjoy as well, as you can add it not only to this sandwich but to others as well. With an array of flavors check out this recipe to see how it’s all done.
Roasted Carrot Sandwich
Serving 1 Prep time: 5 Minutes Cook time:20
All you will need:
1.Preheat your oven to 400°F
2.Wash and Cut off the ends of your carrot
3.Poke small holes in your carrot like a baked potato. This will help you the carrot cook faster, and give it an even cook.
4. Put about 1 tsp of oil on you carrot and place on baking sheet
5. Bake for 10 minutes then flip your carrot and bake for another 10 minutes you will hear it sizzling at this point
6. Bake until your carrot is tender and your fork can go through it.
While your carrot is cooking lets make the filling!
7. Slice some of your onion and cut your lettuce (I used romaine).
For the hummus spread:
8. Put 2 tbsp of garlic hummus in a bowl and mix with mustard.
9.While your oven is still hot cut your bread how you would prefer and lightly toast on the same pan used for the carrots. I toasted mine for about two minutes you can do more, if you like.
Assemble your sandwich and enjoy!