Do you ever wonder why researchers tell us it's so important to drink water? Me too. Remembering to get your daily glasses of water can be tough. Especially when you get focused on one task. I mean let me be frank, water can be boring. I get it, why would you want a glass of water when you can have a glass of juice or a sports drink? I did a little research and I found out why water is so great for us and I am going to show you how I make it fun to drink.
Let's start with the facts, here are Five ways simply drinking water helps our body every day.
1. Digestion: Water helps with our bodily functions ensuring they work regularly. From our saliva production to our digestion, water is key in making sure our bodies are running like a well-oiled machine (or should I say well-watered Plant haha).
2. Great Skin: Water also helps our largest organ, the skin, in so many ways. It first helps to clear up your skin, as it clears out the oils. As a bonus, it also reduces wrinkles and helps your face look less dull.
3. Weight Management: It is also a contributor to weight loss. Water helps you control how much food you eat, nutritionists recommend that you drink a glass of water before meals. By doing this you are more likely to reach satiety faster.
4. Recovery: It helps energize your muscles after you complete a great workout. When you hydrate with water, you give your muscles the necessary hydration so they can recover properly.
5. Detox: Water helps our kidneys in a big way, as it is essential in assisting our kidneys by releasing toxins that are unnecessary to our bodies.
To help make drinking water more enjoyable, I love to infuse my water. It’s super easy to do and you don’t always need a fancy water pitcher, but it is nice to have one. If you are in the market for one you can find one like mine here.
What I do is just cut up my fruit into slices if needed. I do this for my lemons, limes, strawberries, and pineapples. Then I add them to my pitcher or directly in my cup.
When adding fruit to my glass, I often just choose just one fruit to add directly.
Some of my favorite combos are:
Strawberry and Lime
Blueberry and lime
Strawberry and Mint
Pineapple and Strawberry
Lemon and Mint
Cucumber and Mint
Cucumber and Lime
As for single infusions I love these fruits in my water.
You can also take your infused water with you. Here is an option I found on Amazon.
I love to take my infused water with me while I am working and when I am on the go. I typically just fill up my reusable water bottle and keep on moving. I also find that I feel better after I have a glass of water. I started out by trying to have a few glasses a day, and it is pretty much my preferred drink of choice. I also incorporate water after a calming yoga session. It refreshes my body and reminds me that I am taking care of myself. I have personally found that my skin does look and feel better, since incorporating water into my daily ritual. Knowing that I am doing one simple thing to take care of my body really helps put me in a better mood because I know that it is great for me and my soul.
I encourage you to try incorporating infused water into your daily ritual, you and your body won’t regret it.
Peace and Love,